mail account delete

Reaction score
I am selling my imac tomorow with tiger and need to delete my mail account. I cant for the life of me figure out how I just need to eraise it so someone else can make there own account and never have access to myne.

Reaction score
If you are selling your mac I don't think it's sufficient to just delete your email address. There are bits of your information all over that machine. To be safe, I would do an erase and install with your tiger cd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Yep. Format and erase everything and even then people can still get it back. My advice if you have anything sensitive on there is to buy a new hard drive and replace the one in the machine you are selling.

At work we have evidence on hard drives and even after they have been formatted a couple of times a program we have can get back all the data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Either that or do a disk erease while booted off the Tiger instal disc and click on the options button for Erase and let it Zero out the drive, the 7 pass one, it'll take a long while, but it'll knock out as much as possible then reinstall Tiger to the freshly formatted drive.

OP
L
Reaction score
I just want to delete my mail account I have deleted every thing else manualy I need to keep software in the computer so I cant reinstall tiger. I just need to know how to delete my mail acount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.