Hide My Ip

Reaction score
hey everyone, I have a buddy who owns several websites and needs to hide his IP is there a way or freeware out there that will hide his IP address?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
What your friend will need to do, is turn on his firewall and use an anonymous IP browser. Here is a link to one that I have heard about. I don't use it, and don't know enough about it to recommend or not recommend it, so be sure to research it thoroughly before getting it.

For anyone who doesn't know about it, here is a pretty cool gadget that shows just how much information most computers allow websites to see.:Smirk:

swampmonster.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
Well, I hate to point this out, but websites do need an IP address. If he hides their IP, nobody will be able to get to them. What is it he's trying to do? Detail is good, maybe someone can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I wondered about that too. Maybe he doesn't want his own visits to be counted in his site's statistics.

Why do websites need to be able to see an IP? Whenever someone who has their IP hidden visits my website, my hit-counting software just says "this visitor's info is not available." They are still able to visit the site the same way they could if their IP was visible. I just can't see any information about them..

M

MacHeadCase

A lot of stats counters (even some freeby ones !) have a setting for exactly that, not to count your own machine as a visitor so I don't think this is the reason, personally.

Reaction score
I go back to Perry Lynch's comment, which is right on the money, why does your friend want to hide the IP address of his web sites? How will any DNS resolve the URLs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.