MacBook not connecting

Reaction score
My wife got a new laptop - macbook and I can't get it to connect to the internet. Her old laptop - a dell connects just fine, so the router is working. We use a d-link DI-624 router. I know next to nothing about macs so I don't know where to begin configuring it to connect. The macbook did locate our network account and I was able to go through the motions of accessing the account but it didn't work. Can anyone set me in the right direction? I tried the network diagnostics and went through all the steps of restarting the modem and router and that didn't work. I tried connecting directly to the modem and that worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 - 17" - 4G RAM - 150G HD
i live in a house with 3 Windows machines and 2 Mac machines. and my router drops all the time. if you just turn your router off then on again then try reconnecting, may seem silly but works for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.