Apple Employee Discount?

Reaction score
Do you get a discount on apple products if you work at an apple store?

More specifically an iPhone/iPhone plans?

Just curious and crossing my fingers I get a certain call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The plan is offered by AT&T, so I wouldn't expect Apple employees to get any discount on that. Maybe the phone, though I can't say for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would assume there is an employee discount. It would only be for Apple products, not AT&T phone plans.
I've had two jobs, one Best Buy, where I couldn't get the discount until I worked there for a month. It's to curb people from getting a job, buying something, and quitting immediately.
I would bet Apple is the same way and I wouldn't expect too much of a discount. I work for an authorized reseller and discounts aren't much.

Reaction score
Apple Employees and AT&T

Does anyone know if Apple employees get any kind of discount on AT&T voice plans for the iphone?

Reaction score
That still doesn't really answer my question. It's kind of an old article and doesn't mention iphone plans.

Is there anyone who works at the Apple store that knows about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
What do you mean by iPhone plans? Are you talking amour the monthly service fee?
I don't think Apple reps are allowed to mention they work for Apple so it's very unlikely you'll get an answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I know someone that works for Apple. They do not receive any discounts for the service plans. They pay what we do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I know they get a lot of free software and discounts on hardware, but I'd imagine the plans are not discounted seeing as how all Apple employees got iPhones for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
I can't say for sure about AT&T, but here in the UK, my friend works in the o2 store, our official iPhone carrier, and he told me that they were developing a tarrif for the staff at the start with no discount on the handset. But after the phone had been out for a few weeks they scrapped the whole idea and just offered the 20% discount on the handset and the tarrif being the same as everybody else'.

I hope this answers your question, even though its not relative to the US.

Reaction score
NO discounts for AT&T employees or Apple employees for the iphone rate plan. I guess discounts on the iphone depend on the company you work for.

I know AT&T employees receive a 10% discount on the iPhone its self, but they still pay the full iphone rate plan price that everyone else pays.

Im not sure what kind of discount Apple employees get on the iphone.

Reaction score
Hmmm... only 10% on the iPhone itself?? isn't it more on the iPod? I mean, I know the iPhone is new but I'm just curious...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.2Ghz C2D 1GB RAM 120GB HDD 8x Superdrive
my girlfriends dad works for apple data base center in cupertino, ca and he gets a 25% discount on all apple products, hardware and software. Him, his wife, and son all have iphones and they pay full price for there plan though at&t. Although when the iphone was released steve jobs gave all apple employees a free iphone. i doubt the employees that worked in the retail store though since im sure that has a higher employee turnover ratio.

Reaction score
Yes Apple employees DO get a discount on Computers, iPods, and accessories. There is NO discount for the iPhone.

Employees are only allowed one purchase of a mac and iPod per year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.