Mouse copy & paste (Linux bash style) in OS X ?

Reaction score
Hi All;

As a former Linux biggot I really like (liked) to double click the mouse in a bash terminal (in Konsole) to select a "word" (which would get say a full path all in one shot) and then I could do the middle mouse click to paste in another window.

Any way to have this same behavior in a mac bash terminal ? the paste woks in the same window but not across windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I understand completely. I really missed this capability too when I transferred from Linux to Mac. Unfortunately, I have never found a replacement for this function. It appears to be a native capability of X Windows which is not replicated in any other windowing system I have worked with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you're really hung up on it, I bet you could install X11 and use XTerm instead of Terminal.app.

The Mac Way™ is to highlight and drag-and-drop text, though.

Reaction score
Check out this:

iterm.sourceforge.net/

This has teh ability to do 'x11' style copy and paste (eg, select to copy, middle click to paste).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.