• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i need girl advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipod video
okay, so i have this problem. there is a girl in another state that i met on a cruise. i felt like i was in love. this girl could really be that one girl for me....the problem is that i might not ever see her again. then there is this other girl that lives in my state that i like and she likes me. i dont know what to do.

if you have any advice please help me.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Become a Delta pilot and marry both, sharing your time in each city with them? Just make sure you don't let on about your double life...that could get messy.

Ed: Women generally think I'm a donkey...by the way...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I guess we really need to know how old you are, if your 14-15, that girl on the cruise was not the one, probably just a heavy physical attraction (thats just the ways cruises are). Puberty it evil that way.

However if your older 22-27, then go for it, call her up and see if you can meet, hop on a plane and hang out for a weekend, if you still feel how you did on the cruise then maybe you did have the connection that you thought you did and you guys can try to work something out, otherwise go on some dates with the girl that likes you. Nothing bad can come from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
As men, we all need women advice.
It sounds like you're quite young, high school maybe, so I wouldn't worry about finding the "right one". If she was, she wouldn't be so far away, would she?
Give things a try with the one that likes you and see where things go.

And don't listen to Village Idiot; he's a total player. :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
before you are 25 it is almost always entirely fruitless and pointless to try to find "the right one".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
dont try to find the 'right one' now. find the 'right now' one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
dont try to find the 'right one' now. find the 'right now' one.

werdsign.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Seriously...if you are young, both you and the other person will change unbelievably. Being in a relationship makes the change (which is inevitable) both harder and more stressful.

My advice would be to go with the girl closest to you. Get some experience. Keep it fairly casual. The experience will serve you will when you DO find 'the one'. And in the meantime, you can have some fun :)

Or, just date whichever one is better looking. Give your ego a boost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Or, just date whichever one is better looking. Give your ego a boost.

HA! good advice.

You can make a long distance relationship work but it takes a lot of work. Decide if you have what it takes to do a long distance relationship (only you will know that). if the answer is no...well i am sure you can figure out where i am going with this one.

Have you ever dated the close one? if not give it a whirl nothing says you cant take 2 girls out to see if you are compatible with one. but i would advise that you dont try to have a committed relationship with both at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
before you are 25 it is almost always entirely fruitless and pointless to try to find "the right one".

I'm pretty sure I've found the "right one" even though i'm not 25 yet.. does this not count?

My uncle started dating my aunt when they were 19, so its not that you can't under 25, its just that its not likely.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"almost always"

one of my younger sisters married a guy she dated in high school. and in your case, it may work, it may not. but way more often than not i've seen people find "the one" that turns out to be just one of many.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its so true, I've gone through a good amount of girls since high school, i'll admit even though i'm feel like she is, won't know for sure until after school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Long distance relationships are not a good idea, especially if that's how it starts. I've been in two (college years) and both failed and it wasn't from a lack of trying on my end. It's much easier for a girl to get a date. Eventually she'll realize it's better to be with someone in the flesh than one a million miles away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Long distance relationships are not a good idea, especially if that's how it starts. I've been in two (college years) and both failed and it wasn't from a lack of trying on my end. It's much easier for a girl to get a date. Eventually she'll realize it's better to be with someone in the flesh than one a million miles away.

QFT.

If they're more than ~25 miles away, it's probably not going to work for ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son...

Reaction score
My grandmother married my grandfather when she was 17. He was quite older than 17.

Think that's weird? That's not all.

.....he was her 6th grade schoolteacher.
She hated him while he was her teacher.
They were married for 22 years before he died.

Crazy right? Try doing something like that these days.....

Reaction score
I don't believe in relationships on distance. If you are ready to move to another state for that girl or she is ready to move in your state - that's another thing. Maybe, she's really the girl you need. But never try to meet two girls in the same time. You will lose both then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
But never try to meet two girls in the same time. You will lose both then.
If you meet two girls at the same time, they're probably not the type of girls you'd want to keep anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook

Yeah....

So what you just got to do is... just get you a bunch of these hood rats... run through them, just knock them out.

Boom, boom, boom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.