MacBook Pro Screen Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I don't think that I want to disassemble it. Would it be good to take it and get it looked at? Also, if I were to disassemble it, what would I look for to see if it was a problem with the flex cable?
You can have a look here.
Just select your model and look at replacing the display. It should show the cable.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ok, thanks for helping me.

Sorry I couldn't give you some better news. It still might not be a bad idea to do a clean install of Mac OS - just in case. Or, by chance, do you happen to have Windows installed via Boot Camp? I'd be curious to see if it occurs while running Windows.

OP
P
Reaction score
I found the problem! It was the flex cable, as was said before. I was talking to one of my friends, and the mentioned that their MacBook had a similar problem a while ago. He said that the problem turned out to be that the flex cable was loose, and he was able to fix it by shaking the screen when the screen messed up. I tried that today, and it worked. Thank you all for helping me narrow down what the problem was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Thanks for the update! Good to hear it was an "easy" fix! :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I found the problem! It was the flex cable, as was said before. I was talking to one of my friends, and the mentioned that their MacBook had a similar problem a while ago. He said that the problem turned out to be that the flex cable was loose, and he was able to fix it by shaking the screen when the screen messed up. I tried that today, and it worked. Thank you all for helping me narrow down what the problem was.

Sweet. Glad I was able to help.

Now that you know what it is for sure, I'd take a look at the disassembly instructions on ifixit.com and see if you can seat that cable better and/or use some electrical tape to better secure it.

Reaction score
Hi, i read all the thread and my problem is very very similar

the screen starts to "bump" and starts acting rare... after some times with the same problem, it seems to be solved in the same way here described, "shaking" the macbook...

I relaxed my self until saturday when i turn it on, i hear the start sounds and when i came back the screen was black, i supposed i tookseveral minutes then the display was maybe slept, but no, just 2 min passed..
i know its on, cause i can listen the start sound, inserted a dvd and i can listen to it... the screen is black

logic card problem? display?

:(

Reaction score
Contact

I do think it's something "behind" the screen, because i have the same problem, but mine gets "solved" if i put my fingers and press at the left side of the screen. Once i stop pushing at that particular place it freezes again :s

So my guess is that its something that isnt "connected" anymore.

-Tor Einar.

Reaction score
Mac screen issues

Hey guys I've been reading up on these issue people are having with their mac pro. I m having a screen problem where it started this week when the screen turn yellow with stip patterns, it only last a second, then it occurred randomly once a day and recently it last a minute of so. I closed my monitor to put it in sleep mode and then it was fine but then it happen right after again but his time didn t do anything and see what would happen, after awhile the screen turn back to normal but then the stripy lines stay for couple seconds.

I scanned my mac hardware and it seems fine but then i looked at my battery and it read poor so i thinking i need to replace it asap when I get back to the states.

Hopefully someone can tell me what's going on. Thank u

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.