AEBS NAT Forwarding GUI

Reaction score
Hi all! I wanted to ask if anyone here has taken the time to set up NAT forwarding on their ABES? I find it somewhat difficult since there's little information on how an ABES NAT port assignment. My questions are, can I use a port range? Say 8088~29905. Can they be comma delimited, or do they have to be single numbers only. Also, there's a drop down box... Why must I select a service, do I have to select a service - it would appear so. I have a custom setting, but there's no drop down option for such. Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Jay

OP
jaynorris
Reaction score
anyone? Surely someone has configured NAT port forwarding on their AEBS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You do not have to select a service. Just enter the protocol and port(s). I think you can just use a dash for a range. Then on the next page you can name it whatever you want. The drop down box just makes some very common ones accessible. At least this is the way I take it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

OP
jaynorris
Reaction score
You do not have to select a service. Just enter the protocol and port(s). I think you can just use a dash for a range. Then on the next page you can name it whatever you want. The drop down box just makes some very common ones accessible. At least this is the way I take it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

It's a start, and thank's mdfuller. I started tweaking the NAT ports, but I'm starting to think it's not the source of my problem.

OP
jaynorris
Reaction score
AEBS is a loss! Took it to the Apple store because the router was mischaracterizing packets and dropping them. NAT was set up properly, and thus why I had ask the aforementioned question. I was feed up, and for giggles I plugged in a old router of mine (linksys) and everything worked fine. In the end Apple exchanged my less than 1 year old AEBS. BTW, most everything was working ok - except for certain ports related to CNC3.

Cheers to all!

-Jay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.