Snap windows to edges & other windows

Reaction score
So, I am really loving my MacBook Pro. First Mac I have ever owned. There is an application I loved and had running non-stop. It is called AllSnap. Basically what it did was when you were dragging a window (anything; browser window, finder, etc...), if it got to be within a certain distance from the edge of the screen or another window, it would snap to that edge. I found this program to be extremely useful since I am very OCD about everything being perfectly in line.

Do any of you know of a program similar to this? I have attached the website for AllSnap so you can see a little better what it is. By the way, I have done a search, and on G4TevhTV's (http://www.g4techtv.ca/callforhelp/shownotes/0431.shtml?freefiles)
website they list AllSnap as a Mac OSX program but on AllSnap's website it is not listed.

http://www.allsnap.org/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
At least in Tiger, there is a "Snap to grid" option in the View Options for a Finder window. I would presume that if you made this the default for all windows, you would get close to what you want. This is not quite a "snap to other windows", but it might be close enough?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
At least in Tiger, there is a "Snap to grid" option in the View Options for a Finder window. I would presume that if you made this the default for all windows, you would get close to what you want. This is not quite a "snap to other windows", but it might be close enough?

I think the issue here is snapping other windows to the sides of the screens and other windows not snapping the icons to a grid.

OP
B
Reaction score
I think the issue here is snapping other windows to the sides of the screens and other windows not snapping the icons to a grid.

That is exactely right. The icons I do not care about, I can just clean up the desktop. It is the windows that bugs me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.