Adding a Hyperlink to an email image

Reaction score
Hi

I'm wanting to send an email with a visible image (jpeg) and have a link to a website from the image.

ie. I want the recipient to open the email see an image, and then be able to click on it to open their web browser and be taken to a specific website.

Does anyone know how?

I'm currently using Mac Mail 2.1.3 but would happilly change to a more suitable client.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
I have Mail 3.2, but I imagine it'll work the same.

Highlight the image and go to Edit>Link>add... and type in the url.

OP
J
Reaction score
the only options on my version is Edit>Hyperlink>add

and all that did was delete the image and replace it with a link

time to update my software I think.

thanks anyway

SDK

Reaction score
mac mail html links from and to pics

Thanks for that info AlyciaAnimation. With Eudora I could put pics into the email with html links so that i did not fill the recipients attachments folder with useless pics.

Furthermore I could put pics and links from those into my email signatures - again no attachments, just links so they would appear in the email without them being filled with pics.

Does anyone know how to this with mac mail (v5.3 on OS 10 7 5) or with some other intelligent form??

Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

Does anyone know how to this with mac mail (v5.3 on OS 10 7 5) or with some other intelligent form??

Seems to work fine for me using the "Signatures" part of Mail's preferences ... animated GIFs don't work but this DELIGHTS me as I can't STAND those things in people's email!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.