Permission denied (publickey).

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This site is really impressive lot of useful info. I am a new user (Just registered ;D). I have started using mac from few days. I am struck on some problem if some one had encountered/aware of this please help

I am trying to install a database. From terminal I have logged in as root user and have added the hostname in the /etc/hostconfig file. After which I tried connecting through ssh to the user "Viswanath" I got the below error

sh-3.2# hostname
Viswanath

sh-3.2# ssh Viswanath@Viswanath

sh-3.2# ping Viswanath
PING Viswanath (216.255.187.213): 56 data bytes
^Z
[2]+ Stopped(SIGTSTP) ping Viswanath

sh-3.2# ssh [email protected]

In the database which I am installing there is a step which I am supposed to execute during which it started asking me (Pls find the log below) for the password continuously even after entering the password. Then to check if I could login to my user using ssh I followed the above process even that didn't work

sh-3.2# gpssh-exkeys -h Viswanath
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/pkey.py:28: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.DES3: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.DES3 has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import DES3
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/transport.py:53: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.Blowfish: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.Blowfish has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import Blowfish, AES, DES3
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/transport.py:53: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.AES: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.AES has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import Blowfish, AES, DES3
[STEP 1 of 5] create local ID
... /var/root/.ssh/id_rsa file exists ... skipped

[STEP 2 of 5] keyscan all hosts and update known_hosts file
# Viswanath SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.5p1 FreeBSD-20061110
no hostkey alg

[STEP 3 of 5] copy public key to remote host
... send to Viswanath@Viswanath
*** Enter password for Viswanath@Viswanath:
[ERROR Viswanath@Viswanath] Unknown server Viswanath
[ERROR Viswanath@Viswanath] Unknown server Viswanath
[3]+ Stopped(SIGTSTP) gpssh-exkeys -h Viswanath

I also tried creating a new user from the system preferences--> accounts and then tried connecting through ssh but all my tries went in vain.

sh-3.2# ssh gpadmin@Viswanath

If some one is aware of the solution please help.

Thanks & regards
Vish

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi All,

The issue is solved. Need to change the permissions for ssh folder also /etc/hosts file need you add
127.0.0.1 hostname...

Later which it worked...

Thanks & Regards
Vish

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.