I can't find my External HD!

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, I haven't been able to find my external hard drive. I plug the **** thing in, and I have to use the Finder>Go>Go to Folder...>External HD

It's a real PIA. The external is formatted to Mac OSX Journaled. Like I said, I'm running 10.5 and the hard drive is home made, like I bought a case and threw an old hard drive in there. It's 120GB

I even copied the autorun file from my brothers Westen Digital My Book. Still didn't work.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
In the finder preferences check that in the general tab you have external disks to show on the desktop and in the sidebar tab you select external disks.

OP
nclester
Reaction score
AA, thanks for the input. I actually did that twenty minutes before I posted this, checked my prefs. Every thing is in order there, and still no luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do as suggested and reboot. Then try Startup Disk in System Preferences and see if it is there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.