is it worth buying the black one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipod video
is it worth paying extra for the black macbook or should i just stick with the white, because $400 is alot of money. please help!!!!!:eek:

Reaction score
its not quite 400 since that includes a slightli larger HD, but i still say no, no performance gain, and it really doesnt even look better imo. but take that with a grain of salt since im typing from a white MB

Reaction score
From both sides

Last year in Feb I went to buy my 1st Mac. I wanted the Black Macbook but saved the money and got the White one. I lucked out this year around my b-day with the wife's Compaq notebook going bad so we decided to get me a new MacBook and give her my year old one. I went through the back and forth on black vs white again. If you look at upgrading the white to match the specs of the black I think it ended up being $100 more for black. You can upgrade for less after you get it but if you do it all through Apple is my reference point. I always wished, not so much regretted, getting the white so I just went for the black. Not a wish nor regret now just a happy Black MacBook owner.

So as said above it is a preference but for what paying I think you should get everything you can afford.

Never regretted the move to Mac, now I just have everything i originally wanted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
I was planning on buying a black MacBook, but when I saw it in the Apple Store I changed my mind. There's something weird about the finish on the black MB that I didn't like. Fingerprints showed a lot more than on the MBP and white MB.

Reaction score
the white one gets dirtier a lot quicker of course... so in that regard it's more practical... i've seen relatively new white macbooks that look like they've been smeared with yellow paint...they're just too dirty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have the BlackBook and prefer it. The story behind the slightly higher price tag (around $100 for the same specs) is that Apple did some research on the iPod sales and found the black ones were outselling the others by quite a margin. Higher demand, but not higher profit. So the BlackBook is marketed as a bit of an elite machine to make a bit more cash.

I personally much preferred it, plus I didn't want my machine to get mixed up with my Wife's MacBook (white). Additionally, the re-sale value will likely remain slightly higher.

Is it worth the extra $100? Only you can answer that.

Reaction score
I bought the blackbook over the standard white blackbook and I don't regret my decision at all. The only thing I don't like is the fingerprints that get all over that. Those are easily taken care of with a quick wipedown. I have seen my mom's macbook (the white one) and it gets a little dirty. I couldn't take it. I'm a neat freak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like you don't think it's worth the extra money, so stick with the white one. It's the same machine on the inside regardless of which color you get.

And I got the black one and thought it was worth every penny I paid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
No. The only thing you get is a larger HD, which can be had for well under $200.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.