Leopard freezing ?

Reaction score
So starting yesterday my brand new macbook pro that has leopard starts freezing up on me...freezes once every hour or so ? I thought this wasnt supposed to happen on macs...geez...lol...is anyone else experiencing this ? perhaps something to do with a software upgrade or something ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
density,

Can you easily take it back where you bought it? I would do this immediately and get them to either trade it in on another new one or repair it on the spot. Preferably a new one out of the chute...

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
i ordered it online...ive had this macbook for about a week or so and it is just starting to do this...did it once yesterday and several times today...i did update something via the software update thing so im guessing there may be something up with that ? the reason why i dont want to send it back is that it will take a good week for it to get to them and back...

ive had a macbook pro before this and it didnt do this...same osx...thats why im thinking it may have something to do with that upgrade...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
density,

I was afraid that could have been the case...

Was what you updated something you can delete now and put back on later without the update if you need it? That would tell you if that update was your problem...

If that doesn't work, call Apple and ask some questions.

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
I updated a bunch of stuff...do you think I should use timemachine and make a backup of all my stuff on my external, and reinstall leopard with the included disks ?

That was my first hunch and wanted to check with you guys to see what could be a possible solution...and from what im understanding this is what you want me to do...correct ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Backup and do a clean instal., Then transfer items one at a time from your backup just in case there is something corrupted or incompatible. When it is working okay download your software updates from the Apple web site and no Software Update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
If you had used time machine you could use it to go back to before the updates.......

OP
D
Reaction score
its fixed now...backed everything up, reinstalled leopard, and its all running fine and back to its appletastic glory...thanks for the help guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its fixed now...backed everything up, reinstalled leopard, and its all running fine and back to its appletastic glory...thanks for the help guys

Glad you're up and running again. Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.