how to uninstall ?

Reaction score
im a new mac user and im currently finding it sifficult to uninstall certain programs such as limewire.

any advice?

many thanks in advance.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
im a new mac user and im currently finding it sifficult to uninstall certain programs such as limewire.

any advice?

many thanks in advance.

If a program comes with an installer, usually it also comes with an uninstaller. If it's just a program that you drag and drop onto the Applications folder, you may safely drag and drop it into the trash to uninstall.

If the program came with an installer, but you deleted the original DMG disk image, you may want to re-download it and see if it came with an uninstall program.

A third thing to try would be to use a program like AppZapper. These programs attempt to delete the main program and any other traces of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I use AppDelete. I haven't used AppZapper but it seems to work similarly as AppDelete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
I use AppDelete. I haven't used AppZapper but it seems to work similarly as AppDelete.
you have to pay for AppZapper.
But AppDelete is free and it gets the job done just as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.