MacBook Pro for portabilaty?

Reaction score
I currently have a macbook and I bought it mainly for the size. I put it in my bag and I take it everywhere with me (almost)

Im upgrading to a macbook pro (for free) but im just wondering, am I going to find it heavy and a pain to lug around with me? Is it going to make much difference to me compared to my macbook?

The macbook I have is the 2.16ghz model. the macbook pro I will be getting is the new 2.4ghx model. I believe the newer model macbooks have better battery life and I know what the macbook pro is more powerfull so I would prasume the battery would not last as long. Will this mean that the battery life of my new macbook pro will be about the same as my current macbook?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
..am I going to find it heavy and a pain to lug around with me? Is it going to make much difference to me compared to my macbook?
Quite frankly, you are the only person who can answer that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
I think its very portable its light and thin, the only thing is that it's somewhat wide...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
its funny, because before I got my macbook pro I kept hearing that they were big (and the seemed large in the store compared to the macbooks) but when I finally got one, brought it home, and compared it to my old windows laptop (which was a really really junky $300 laptop) the MBP was actually thinner and slightly smaller. Who wold have guessed, 100 times the power, and slightly smaller, lol. So yes, they are bigger and heavier than the macbooks, but at least IMHO they are smaller and thinner than windows laptops of equal power. (or maybe mine was just big because it was really cheap...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have the 17 inch and have no problems carrying it around with me.. my girlfriend has the 15 and she doesn't have any problems either... but its really personal preference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.