Computer won't turn on!

Reaction score
is there anything I can do? I did a regular software update, and then restarted the computer. It takes me to the opening white screen with the apple-but then nothing happens. I've tried multiple times to manually restart and have even un-plugged the computer. Is there anything I can do, or is the computer fried? its not even that old!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
charlie,

Have you tried putting your install CD in and starting up while holding the C key? Give that a try and if it works, select the hard drive, see what happens. If that doesn't work, then try removing your battery and the memory modules and re-seating them, then replace the battery and try to start up again... could be a memory module loosened up...

Let's see if anybody else has a better reply. If not, then go to Apple for help...

Good luck, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
++24" imac 3ghz / may-08+ ibook G3-500mhz-10g-384m-12", nov-07 +G4 quicksilver 867 mhz/512MB july/08
Im having the same problem ......going to try some of these ideas....thanks!

Reaction score
White MacBook iMac G3 Dell inspiron laptop Dell inspiron
It happened to my macbook.
Is your computer getting really hot?
Try leaving it off for a day or so.
Install the Mac OSX again (put the CD's in what came with your computer)
If that don't work the memory might not be working or the ROM in your computer might be corrupted.
How long have you had your computer???
It could be many things like Motherboard, ROM, memory etc.
What have you done before this happend?
I would take it to an apple shop and let them deal with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.