Leopard permssion issues

S

shane440

Hi everybody,

Looking for some help here. I have recieved a few new laptops with Leopard. Our users connect to a 10.3.9 XServe with a couple shares and some connect to a couple smb shares. I am no longer able to change permissions on files and folders on those shares using the get info on those files and folders. When I try to change the permissions on the group or or owner it doesnt do anything. I dont have this problem with 10.4. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!
Shane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Change the permissions on the machine where the share lives.

OP
S

shane440

Permission issues

The permissions are set on the XServe. If users copy files to the share it only gives the owner R/W access. The share is setup to give the AD group R/W access, the onwer R/W access, and other Read access. When you copy a file out there you cannot change the permissions. If you do a file Save as and save the file to the share it allows you to edit the permissions of the file.

I also noticed that when I look at permission on a shared folder from a 10.4 client everything is how it should be. On 10.5 client the when I get a get info on the shared folder I get the AD group with only read access, which on the 10.4 machine they have R/W.

It is really odd all the way around on a 10.5 client. 10.4 has its quarks, but it is nothing near 10.5 so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.