Mac Safari - Dissects my site!!

OP
L

Lasha

Check to make sure that Safari supports the script that you used. If it's just regular HTML, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Probably because of table height. It doesn't work.

OP
I

iSheep

gort said:
Probably because of table height. It doesn't work.
Spot on.

There is no such thing as table height, it doesn't exist in any HTML or XHTML specification. However, because some people decided to just ignore the specification, they just added it because they felt like it. It's removed from the specification for good reasons, party to do with getting it to function with CSS properly and partly because in theory, you can never get an exact table height because people use different size fonts etc.

Safari is displaying exactly what the HTML code says and ignores table height because it doesn't exist.

The main thing that is causing the confusion is the table within the table. I see you're using Dreamweaver. Which version? MX and MX 2004 have fantastic support for CSS, which will be a much better solution to your problem. It will be supported in all browsers properly and is more flexible to edit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
If anything you could create an image that is 1 pixel wide that is red, and the height you need it to be to show the rest. Then just put it in the bottom cell. It will make the whole row that height and most likely won't be seen by anyone unless they happen to maybe highlight it or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.