Converting logs from Pidgin to Adium

Reaction score
The basic question is simple: how do I get Pidgin logs (Windows) into Adium?

Background information is more complex.

1) My Pidgin logs are mostly .txt files (some .html, but the important ones were all logged as .txt)

2) Dropping them into Adium's chat logs folder works -- the contents of the logs are viewable within Adium. My problem, however, is that they are not searchable or sortable, so all I see is their content. Trying to use the search function doesn't work, and no date is associated with the log (within Adium).

3) Changing the file naming convention to match Adium's brings the date into Adium's chat viewer, but Adium then cannot see the contents of the log.

There's a script out there for DeadAim2Adium, but I'm not a coder and haven't messed around with it. Is that enough, or does anyone here have any ideas on what to do?

OP
T
Reaction score
A friend found a way to rename logs so that their dates appear in the Chat Transcript Viewer of Adium, but still no search functionality. (The logs are now .html; the Adium logs contain .xml code for searchability.)

Any additional ideas on this one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.