Default Storage Location of iCal file

Reaction score
Dear All
I want to know the default path opt by the MAC OS for storage of the iCalander file.
However We can export the iCalander file at the location whereever we want but I want to know what the path will be taken by the OS if we are not exproting the iCalander file.

Thanks

Reaction score
Well, a quick spotlight search reveals that they are in your home folder>library>calendars. At least on Leopard. It appears that it's a little more complicated filing system that just one .ics file for an entire calendar.

OP
sbvishal
Reaction score
Thanks

Thnaks for your reply.
I tried that and I found the calander folder inside home->Library.
But I could not found any iCal file inside that folder however I am using iCalander application and created few icalander files.

I am using MAC 10.4.9 Tiger.
I am using iCal 2.0.5 version.

Thanks

Well, a quick spotlight search reveals that they are in your home folder>library>calendars. At least on Leopard. It appears that it's a little more complicated filing system that just one .ics file for an entire calendar.

Reaction score
First of all Mac 10.4.9 is Tiger.

I checked on Tiger and it's in home>library>application support>ical

But it too is not organized in a way that would be useful to anyone other that the iCal application.

OP
sbvishal
Reaction score
Thanks again

Thanks for your help.
It worked.

Regards
First of all Mac 10.4.9 is Tiger.

I checked on Tiger and it's in home>library>application support>ical

But it too is not organized in a way that would be useful to anyone other that the iCal application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.