Expanding Safari's Bookmark Bar?

Reaction score
I've collected over 200 bookmarks in the last year or so, but I only need about 20 of them every day. I'm wondering if I can expand my bookmark bar, like add a second bookmark bar underneath the existing one. I have having to click the arrow and navigate through each one. Lazy, I know. But, **** I'm busy.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've collected over 200 bookmarks in the last year or so, but I only need about 20 of them every day. I'm wondering if I can expand my bookmark bar, like add a second bookmark bar underneath the existing one. I have having to click the arrow and navigate through each one. Lazy, I know. But, **** I'm busy.

Thanks for the help.

I don't think you can add a second row but you can create folders on the bookmark bar.
Folders on the bookmark bar just appear as drop down lists. That should save you some screen real estate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
More than 1 bookmark bar? Do you not know Safari? It's supposed to be a clean browser with no extra stuff. That's the reason why you don't get a favicon next to your bookmark on the bookmark bar, but they are there in the bookmark menu.

Anyway, aside from my rant, I dont' think there's a way to add another bookmark bar or any other bar for that matter. The folders thing works amazingly well though. Maybe you could give acronyms for all your bookmarks to fit in more of those little fellas?

OP
nclester
Reaction score
mrplow, the folder idea is wonderful, thanks you. goobimama, I know Safari pretty well, and am obviously aware of it's cleanliness. Two bookmark bars, IMO, is not over-kill. Especially when I'm trying to update my website, or submit my articles to my employers. I could have like 20 tabs open, and be using 20 different bookmarks at once. After all, the web is a wonderful place. But thanks for your input! I'll give the folders a shot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Or you could try running safari in 20 work spaces ...!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.