Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
_MG_0648.jpg

30d, 100mm 2.8, mt-24ex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I think its a great shot. I could be nitpicky and say that the purple background is a tad bit distracting as it looks way saturated, and the little blowout near the top, probably from the flash reflecting off of the white... but the center clarity and color easily make up for any of the (very small) shortcomings.

:)

You said you wanted C&C! ;)

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
I think its a great shot. I could be nitpicky and say that the purple background is a tad bit distracting as it looks way saturated, and the little blowout near the top, probably from the flash reflecting off of the white... but the center clarity and color easily make up for any of the (very small) shortcomings.

:)

You said you wanted C&C! ;)

No critique is too harsh. Purple background is the actual color of the orchid petals. Didn't touch the saturation. My diffusers are on order for the twinlight flash. Once I get the harsh light diffused I think the whites won't look so blown out. Thanks for the comments!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
That was one of the things I was rather disappointed about with the MR-24EX. Its macro photography, why would you not want soft light? Its a great flash though. I used a friends but ended up getting the MR-14EX.

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous photo. The ONLY thing I would have changed was to move the photo slightly off-center. But in this case, having a centered photo is appropriate. You could go either way. Once again this is a beautiful photo. Put it into an art show. I'm sure youll win something.

OP
soul.glo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
That is a gorgeous photo. The ONLY thing I would have changed was to move the photo slightly off-center. But in this case, having a centered photo is appropriate. You could go either way. Once again this is a beautiful photo. Put it into an art show. I'm sure youll win something.

Thanks. I always try to apply the rule of thirds in my photos, but this one seems to work centered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.