eMac, Where Art Thou??

Reaction score
Is it still possible to get some description of emac like the 17 inch imacs?? I looked on the education site but i didn't see them.
I hope i can, if not I will be stuck with a mac mini and if i could get a small imac for similar money id much prefer that!

By the way I'm posting from ireland... If that matters!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
eMacs have been discontinued for some time now. You can still find some on places like eBay and other auction sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
The eMac, long out of production was available with G4 processors finally topping out just shy of 1.5Ghz, had a 17 inch CRT display capable of going up to 1280X960, they used various video adapters but the latest ones had ATI Radeon 9200 32Mb graphics built in The 1.25Ghz machines suffered a recall and alas extended repair service (a process I"m undergoing for one of mine).

It has to do with some of the capacitors on the logic board, sometimes the video would go nuts, sometimes it'll lock up etc. Nothing serious until fixed.

More specs, the later ones did come with either a Combo drive (CD-RW/DVD ROM) and some came with Superdrives (CD-RW/DVD-RW) 40 and 80Gb hard drives.....and yes, it's a royal PAIN to get to them too....

All in all, the later ones, great machines, loaded up with a Gb of DDR RAM they will run Leopard pretty darn fine. Hope this gives you some info.

If you require more info, I may point you in the general direction of www.lowendmac.com specs and whatnot on most Mac models. (I am in no way affiliated with lowendmac or it's subsidiaries)

OP
F
Reaction score
But when apple dropped the emac did it replace it with an imac 17 inch duo core2??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
The eMac line, was originally released exclusively to the education market. Later it was released for consumer use.
You can find all the old specs here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.