Question about printing on the iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz 460G HD 1G Ram
I am new to macs, so if this is stupid, please bear with me.

I am trying to print photos with Iphoto. I am connected to my printer wirelessly (HP Printer).. I am trying to print a photo onto a 4x6 tabbed photo paper.. I select the option for that paper, yet everytime I send the photo to the printer, the printer always tries to use the regular legal size paper.

Does anybody know whats happening??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you say you select that option, do you mean in Page Setup? If not try there first. If you are using Leopard, post does not say, check out the HP web site for an updated diver.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you say you select that option, do you mean in Page Setup? If not try there first. If you are using Leopard, post does not say, check out the HP web site for an updated diver.

Yes, page setup is what I changed, and I am using leopard... I will check for an updated driver later this evening.. Thanks for the suggestion

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK I tried a driver update, and it still doesnt work... looks like I may be having to contact HP...

I can print 4x6's off of one of my pcs which is also connected wirelessly, so to me it seems like a mac/leopard/iphoto issue and not the printer.

Any more thoughts

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 Inch
Sorry same issue here with Iphoto. I have however gotten Preview to print using the photo tray.

Good Luck

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok.. I manage to export the pic into preview, but when I print, it doesnt give me an option anywhere to print in 4x6... Wont it just go to the maintry by default?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 Inch
ok.. I manage to export the pic into preview, but when I print, it doesnt give me an option anywhere to print in 4x6... Wont it just go to the maintry by default?

See if these screen snapshots help.

Well thats what i get for following directions. No thumbnails.

Bummer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.