Cut Programs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
My friend is a hardcore mac user, as well as an expert. He has programs such as Adobe photoshop cut down to just the program (no tutorials, ect.) and gets them for next to nothing! He gives them away to his friends.

So I have to questions:
1. I sit even Legal?!?!
2.Is it safe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
1. The giving them to his friends part at least.
2. Safe as in it won't harm your system. It might produce some weird results with the software itself.

If you want to cut down on app size, use an app reducer like Xslimmer. That is very safe and legal.

Reaction score
1. The giving them to his friends part at least.
2. Safe as in it won't harm your system. It might produce some weird results with the software itself.

If you want to cut down on app size, use an app reducer like Xslimmer. That is very safe and legal.

are there any free versions of this or similar programs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ I think he was talking about free slimming programs.

Reaction score
To have unlimited clearing space with Xslimmer, you need to have the version 1.5.1 found at download.com. Download that version (not the latest version). Once that is installed open up terminal and put in the code "defaults write com.latenitesoft.xslimmer demoBytesLeft 85899345920" without the parenthesis and paste it into terminal and hit enter. This technically is still the demo but instead of it being able to slim only 15mb it can now slim 8tb.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.