Free iPod with MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
This is weird... I coulda sworn I posted this and already asked, but my post is gone. Conspiracies!

Alright... this is the final deciding factor in if I buy my MBP now or later. Is it true they generally give away free iPods in June-September? And if yes, what versions, the 1GB Shuffles or 2GB Nanos? If so... I really don't care about them. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Yeah last year they were giving free nano's. It was the 2nd Gen. nano's just as the 3rd Gen was coming out. If you think they will give away ipod classic's or touch's your going to very sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
Late last year I got a 3rd Gen Nano 'free' with my iMac, but that was part of the Student back to college scheme. I had to buy the Nano with my iMac, then got a cheque back from Apple a few weeks later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I believe it was a free nano last year. If you didnt want the Nano you could opt for 150-200 rebate on any ipod. i dont remember the exact amount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
This is weird... I coulda sworn I posted this and already asked, but my post is gone. Conspiracies!

Alright... this is the final deciding factor in if I buy my MBP now or later. Is it true they generally give away free iPods in June-September? And if yes, what versions, the 1GB Shuffles or 2GB Nanos? If so... I really don't care about them. Thanks!

They were giving them away like free candy because they were coming out with the new video model. Nice marketing ploy to get some MB and MBPs sold while getting old inventory out quick! The promotion ended immediately when the video Nano came out.

Just buy your MBP already! jeesh!!! :p

Seriously though, if you keep holding out because of these "deciding" factors, it will be June or July before you decide and the new models will be out. The cycle will continue. Rumors about the next update will start on the second day after the new release and you'll wonder if you should wait till November.

The last update was decent and very recent (ooh i got rhyming skilz) and I don't think the June/ July one will be as significant. It will probably be a slight processor boost and that's it. If you keep waiting, you'll never buy one. And that's no joke.

Good luck bro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I don't think I'd wait in hopes for a free-be to purchase the MB/MBP. Frankly, the iPods they were giving away last year we're that expensive anyway. :Smirk:

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
They were giving them away like free candy because they were coming out with the new video model. Nice marketing ploy to get some MB and MBPs sold while getting old inventory out quick! The promotion ended immediately when the video Nano came out.

Just buy your MBP already! jeesh!!! :p

Seriously though, if you keep holding out because of these "deciding" factors, it will be June or July before you decide and the new models will be out. The cycle will continue. Rumors about the next update will start on the second day after the new release and you'll wonder if you should wait till November.

The last update was decent and very recent (ooh i got rhyming skilz) and I don't think the June/ July one will be as significant. It will probably be a slight processor boost and that's it. If you keep waiting, you'll never buy one. And that's no joke.

Good luck bro.

I agree, I'm actually waiting right now till the end of the billing period (to reduce interest, one month instead of two. I'll have all the cash end of may, so I'll just go through April and it's interest once.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.