AirPort wifi issue

Reaction score
Hi, I have been experiencing some problems with the wireless on my mbp. Basically, if i use my home network, it seems to work fine for the most part. But, when i use it on my University's wife network, lately it starts to act up. Sometimes I am unable to even see a network available where there actually is one...and i know that it is not the network because all of my friends who have windows laptops are able to connect....and yes...I am getting made fun of:p
Also, it starts to getting soo slow to the point that it wont load anything...but it is still connected. But then after about 5 mins or so...it will start working again...:S

Any ideas what this could be? and anyone experiencing similar issues?

Thanks

Reaction score
I'm having the same type of issues here at my job site.. i end up just connecting directly with a Cat5 cable :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Have you done the updates?

Reaction score
I sometimes have poblems with Airport seeing a connection I know is there, but I downloaded KisMAC and use that now, and have no problems whatsoever.

OP
O
Reaction score
yes i have done all of the updates as well...but thanks for the info...i will check out the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.