VoIP Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
i'm a new Mac user, i got my iMac a couple of days ago, and i love it!

anyways, my concern is that under Windows i used a freeware called "VoipDiscount" to make international calls, etc.
http://www.voipdiscount.com/

in their page it says "MAC AND LINUX USERS CLICK HERE" ......and i already did it but nothing happens.

does anybody have any idea which software will be the equivalent for mac?

thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad Core Q6600, 4 GB PC2-6400 CAS4, 750 GB Seagate
anyways, my concern is that under Windows i used a freeware called "VoipDiscount" to make international calls, etc.
http://www.voipdiscount.com/

in their page it says "MAC AND LINUX USERS CLICK HERE" ......and i already did it but nothing happens.

does anybody have any idea which software will be the equivalent for mac?

The site is not even up right now. Maybe they are having problems. Maybe you could try Skype. It is one of the more popular internet to telephone calling software.

Reaction score
Well, I have been looking at getting broadband and VoIP. Can others call me from landlines and can I call them from my land line using VoIP if I am the only person I know with VoIP. I want to get rid of my landline rental costs. Do I need to keep my Telstra line and number to make calls to and from landline if I have VoIP set up? Thanking you,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Hi zorak 81,
As you said that Telstra is your ISP, are you in New Zealand? If that is the case you would be better to go with WXC Fusion as then you dont pay Telecom for your landline and all your calls then are VOBB (voice over Broadband)
If you haven't already noticed but this mac forum is USA based.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Oh, sorry, that was meant to be for soviski. My apologies zorak81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.