Networking Mac and Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 2.4Ghz
Hi to all. I have been experiencing problems trying to connect my imac to a windows based machine. I'm trying to connect my mac to the pc wirelessly. In the system preferences I have enabled DVD or CD Sharing, Screen Sharing, File Sharing, Printer Sharing, Remote Login and Bluetooth Sharing. When I connect to the wireless network I'm able to access the PC but it can't access my mac. The PC is in a workgroup with 4 more computers but I can't add my mac to the workgroup. Can someone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hi to all. I have been experiencing problems trying to connect my imac to a windows based machine. I'm trying to connect my mac to the pc wirelessly. In the system preferences I have enabled DVD or CD Sharing, Screen Sharing, File Sharing, Printer Sharing, Remote Login and Bluetooth Sharing. When I connect to the wireless network I'm able to access the PC but it can't access my mac. The PC is in a workgroup with 4 more computers but I can't add my mac to the workgroup. Can someone help me?

To change the workgroup to match your existing network go to System Preferences->Network->Advanced->WINS tab

Make and use a copy of the Automatic settings then change the workgroup to match your existing setup.

I'm not in front of my mac at the moment so this is all from memory. If this isn't helping post back and I'll get the exact details when I get back to my mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.