screen is kinda washed out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook
Is there an adjustment for brightness on a MacBook? The screen on my blackbook looks washed out and I'd like to darken it or up the contrast. Couldn't find the answer in Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Is there an adjustment for brightness on a MacBook? The screen on my blackbook looks washed out and I'd like to darken it or up the contrast. Couldn't find the answer in Help.

System Preferences -> Displays -> Color button -> Calibrate

mrplow

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To increase or decrease contrast, I find it more convenient to open "Universal Access" from System Preferences and make the adjustment from there. The third dialog "Display" shows a bar scale going from Normal to Maximum. I have mine adjusted one notch higher than Normal which gives me plenty of contrast even in high lighting. Adjust according to your personal liking.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.