un-authenticate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
I moved some files from my PC to my mac when I made the switch. I don't know what I did wrong because I can't save to or delete from the folder that I moved from my PC to my mac without the mac asking me to Authenticate the action. How do I fix this?

PS
For all you people that have WMA files that you want to bring over to your mac, but you don't have windows iTunes. Copy the files as an audio CD from your PC, and then rip that CD to your mac. This would suck if you had a bunch of music on your machine, but I don't so it worked just fine for me.

T

The mac 13

csuazo said:
PS
For all you people that have WMA files that you want to bring over to your mac, but you don't have windows iTunes. Copy the files as an audio CD from your PC, and then rip that CD to your mac. This would suck if you had a bunch of music on your machine, but I don't so it worked just fine for me.

thats costly if you have millions of song!i would rather you dl win iTunes then convert it dude! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
For your authentication problem:

Select the folder you need: then select file->get info (or hit apple+i)

There, go to ownership & permissions, select you can read& write and apply to all enclosed folders & files as well.

that should fix it.

V

VastDeathmaster

The mac 13 said:
thats costly if you have millions of song!i would rather you dl win iTunes then convert it dude! :mac:

I never used .wma format. All my songs from my old PC were mp3's. I burned them "enmass" to CDs and then copied some over to the Mac. The only reason to burn your music as audio cds is to have them play on older CD players (ones that don't recognize mp3 files).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.