Sticky keys

Reaction score
So it has come to my attention that some of my keys on my keyboard are very hard to press such as the "O key" Some times I will be typing and I swear i hit the key but it doesnt show up, mostly on double letter words. Is that just me or everyone else notice that on there macbook pros? On my macbook it was real easy to press.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
well...it does happen to me at times...but its possible that i dont hit the keys right at that time...it was definitely an issie before the keyboard firmware update + the macbook pro update...if you havent got them...you should...

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to Macs. I bought a new MBP in November. So far I've been impressed with the style but unimpressed by the function. My MBP keyboard is the worst I've ever worked on. It's very mushy and way too often does not register the keys I type. I've updated the software to no avail. You'll find there are numerous threads that discuss this problem. There was even an online petition started a few months back.

My next step is to bring the MBP in the the nearest Apple store to see if there is anything they can do.

Swedevb

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to Macs. I bought a new MBP in November. So far I've been impressed with the style but unimpressed by the function. My MBP keyboard is the worst I've ever worked on. It's very mushy and way too often does not register the keys I type. I've updated the software to no avail. You'll find there are numerous threads that discuss this problem. There was even an online petition started a few months back.

My next step is to bring the MBP in the the nearest Apple store to see if there is anything they can do.

Swedevb

I was at a apple store just today for the issue, I kinda got the run around there was one person who told me that all macbook pros operate that way, or have you tried connecting a keyboard and using that, one guy told me he would open it up to see if there was something making the keys stick when he presses it. He took it into the back, came out about 15min later said he couldnt find a thing but he cleaned it, which ill be honest didnt need its only 3 weeks old out of the box...Im guessing its a design issue, and hopefully mac will address it and send out a keyboard exchange, so i can go in and have the keyboard swapped out for a new one. will see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.