Two Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got a white 20" Intel iMac. 1 (soon to be 4GB)RAM and 250 GB HD
I'm running the latest version of Leopard, just throwing that out there.

First: I recently bought a 500GB External hard drive that came with its own backup software. I ended up installing it like a retard, and then deleting it. I even formatted the HD so there's nothing of the original software left on it. There is an icon of the application on my menu bar on top of the screen. I know I can go to Activity Monitor and quit the process, but is there a way to block it??

Second: I have some files that I'm not sure how to open. They came in a Video_TS folder. So...can you help me out with that?

Much thanks to those that can help me out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
the files in the video ts foldr can be opened by vlc media player (this will open most forms of video files)

as for the icon of the application...i dont seem to understand how it loads when you say that you removed it...maybe you could try & click on the icon & see if there is an option/menu that hav settings that allow you to disable it

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, the program is called Memeo LifeAgent. I can right click the icon and it brings up options, but it doesn't matter. When I click on them, nothing happens. It's like I removed everything but that dumb little icon. I hate it! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
cool...if the icon leads to nowhere...then just go to system preferences...accounts....& then select login items for the account you normally log into...the application will probably be listed there....just remove it from the list...hope this clears it out :)

Reaction score
I have an idea for the menu bar thing.

I'm taking a guess at it's most likely location. Check in your home folder>library>application support. See if there is a folder there named Memeo LifeAgent or similar. If there is delete it.

if not, then do a system search for ".menu" and find the one that called memeo lifeagent.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do you system search...? Haha.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Neither Alycia or Rohan's ideas worked. Although, I did find a folder in application support, I deleted it and it still shows up.

Reaction score
In the find window (Press command+F while in finder) go to where it says kind and choose other.. from the drop down menu. Then choose system files from the list. And then set it to include.

Oh, you know what, I just remembered something. Press Command and drag the icon off the menu!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for future uninstalls get apptrap...its a free application that allows you to chose remove all files that may have been installed /created when you drap an application to the trash...

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Command and drag doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.