Burning message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just got this message while trying to burn a disc through Toast Titanium 8: The drive reported an error sense key = hardware error sense code = 0x03, 0x01. I went on Google to look it up, and someone said that it could be either that the cords inside the computer are bad, the media is bad, or that the lense is broken. Now i ruled out the media being bad because i have used hundreds of these without a problem, and it went through about 3 of them simultaneously tonight. This is a brand new Superdrive too, about 3 months old, since i had a problem with the first one playing DVDs. What could be the problem this time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro (early 2008) 8-core 2.8GHz, 10 GB RAM, 2 x 1 TB HDs, OS X 10.5.3
I am having the same problem. Have you heard any solutions yet? My MacPro is only 3 months old. It burned fine until just the last couple of days. I am frustrated and definitely do not want to go through Apple Tech Support again. Too many nightmares with them lately. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MacPro early 2008, 8-core 2.8GHz, 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard
Bump to the top, I got the same error from toast titanium. Anyone know of a solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.