IE6 on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel , 2gb Sdram
Can anyone tell me how I can add IE6 to my suite of browsers for css testing?

I currently have Parallels 3.0 installed and a Vista Virtual Machine - which I've learned will only take IE7. However seeing as IE6 is still the most popular browser I need to have a copy for testing.

Do I have to go and buy a full version of XP just t ge IE6 for testing my CSS layouts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Well, Microsoft claimed IE was tied to the OS. So unless Wine or something like it is available for OS X to run it, I'd say your stuck to buying XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You can try CrossOver Mac, which is wine based (i think).

Vista wont run IE6? yyiikkeess.

Reaction score
I cater for 4 browsers when designing: Safari, Firefox, IE6 and IE7.

What I do is design for Safari and Firefox on my Mac then upload them, and use my Windows laptop with an Internet connection and IE7 to test on there, whilst installing Multiple IE Setup to test on IE6.

IE6 is the worst browser out of the 4 - Utterly horrendous.

I believe IE8 is out in Beta or something at the moment - bound to be another ingenius software package from Microsoft

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.