Help! Stuck on Grey Screen

Reaction score
i have a 13 in mb with leopard and windows installed

i turned it on today and all i get it blank grey screen. No blue screen, no logo, no spinning wheel. Nothing! ive tried holding option and selecting a drive to boot from but my hds wont appear. Ive tried booting from the disk and reinstalling, again hds wont appear. I called support, they are sending me a box to send it to them. Agent said it sounded like graphics card/lcd, does that make any sense? Cause now it wont even load from the disk. When i ship it to them, will i have all my stuff still on it, programs,etc since if they dont have to mess with the hd, i should have that right?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you get the machine to actually boot from the install DVD? Oops question answered.

Who knows but be prepared for the worst. Of course you have backed everything up to an external drive? No? Hard luck it happens to us all one day sadly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.