Why is the dock doing this? (screenshot added)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Recently, I noticed that the "Show in Finder" thing for my dock has changed, as well as other things apparently.

The attachment shows how it looks like now. Not too long ago I tried changing the dock but decided to go back to the default. I think there was more files than what I put in. I guess I'm missing the default files.

Perhaps someone can help me try and get it back to the way it was.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah, tons of files are missing. You could always get Pacifist, which can reinstall parts of the O.S., such as the Dock. You'll need the Leopard installation CD and find the correct Dock package, though.

OP
EGGO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Yeah, tons of files are missing. You could always get Pacifist, which can reinstall parts of the O.S., such as the Dock. You'll need the Leopard installation CD and find the correct Dock package, though.

Well eff, the installation cd is all the way back in NJ. I wonder if the Apple website has something.

OP
EGGO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.