Screen cover issue

Reaction score
Hello,

just got my iPhone a few days ago and I'm generally very pleased.

Last night I noticed that there are 4 pin-sized holes on the screen cover, not the actual LCD, one towards each corner of the phone and the screen backlight is visible through them.

I wouldn't really mind as it seems they are there for a purpose, but the top right one is really visible at night, especially with the brightness turned up and I find it annoying.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? I'm actually thinking of taking the phone back to the Apple Store and change it.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I don't have that. I cannot see any backlighting anywhere...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Same here, if it is bothersome I would take it to the apple store and have them look at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
I think that you are supposed to be able to see some light around the edges of the screen, going by what I've read elsewhere, but personally I can't see it looking at it right now and while my brightness settings are quite high, I certainly don't have the problem you're describing. I'd ask for an exchange, to be on the safe side, since you've only had it for a few days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.