Adware/Spyware in Leopard

Reaction score
Hi People,

I am using Leopard OS on a Mac Book Pro. In the past few days when I try to open some websites or pages in Safari or Fire Fox. The pages don't open, but instead another page opens with advertisements and it has the same name and address as the page I was trying to open.

I tried everything, reseting the browsers deleting all the cookies, but it won't work.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
name of the site. How do you have your firewall configured?Have you also upgraded your browser to the newest Safari.
There is not any known reports of spyware,malware or viruses on a mac.You will be one of the first that have ran into this sort of situation.Please answer the following and then we can go forth from there (With what know how i can input for you)
Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The pages are using javascript both to redirect you to another page and to hold the address in the menu bar to make it look like the site you visited.

The address bar hack is a common feature of bank phishing sites as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing#Website_forgery

Whatever site you visited may be just one of a number of linked false sites that could direct your browser to phishing sites, or worse - sites that show illegal content.

Best stay away, you don't want your ISP alerted to any sites you have unintentionally been directed to, you could find that you can get in to legal trouble and it will be up to you to explain how it happened.

Just never visit those sites again, or - if they lead to anything illegal, tell the Internet Watch Foundation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Hi People,

I am using Leopard OS on a Mac Book Pro. In the past few days when I try to open some websites or pages in Safari or Fire Fox. The pages don't open, but instead another page opens with advertisements and it has the same name and address as the page I was trying to open.

I tried everything, reseting the browsers deleting all the cookies, but it won't work.

Thank you

The guys first post and a textbook description of a windows shell hijacker. Come on guys his is clearly a troll trying o generate security concerns.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

and thank you for your replies.

>it happens in both Safari and Fire Fox.

>It happens whit a many sites, it even happened with www.bbc.co.uk and the website of my college www.humber.ca, the first page opens for these sites, but its some of the other pages that won't open.

>Safari V 3.0.4 (5523.10)
>The security tab in Safari's preferences: all 4 of the web contents are checked.
>Cookies from site that I navigate.

>on the ad pages that I get, when I opened its frame and images in a new window they were linked to this website,
http://sedoparking.com

>and for that guy who called me a troll: Buzz Off!

now I am going to update from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 let see what that could do.

thank you all

bye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
OP
K
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't instal any video codec lately,

I tried everything and I tried all those commands in terminal, it still happens.

If I restart and go to those pages right away, they are fine but after a while they are not.

and almost every site with .asia are directed to these ad pages.

I updated to 10.5.2 and safari 3.1. Didn't help.

thank you

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi People,

I installed VirusBarrier X5 and scanned every single file, but it couldn't find any thing.

The problem is still there and more and more websites are being directed to ad pages.

thank you

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi People,

I still have this problem and its really bothering me now.
DNS redirect is now effecting more and more websites.

Someone suggested that I should format and reinstall MAC OS, but I can't right now.

Are there any other ways to fix this.
VirusBarrier X5 found nothing.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There is nothing wrong ....,go back and read the posts and Repaior Permissions or do a clean install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.