• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I am Legend alternate end!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Hey guys, i just got the collectors edition of "I am Legend". I loved this movie the first time i saw it, and now that i have watched the not shown in theaters version on the DVD, i love it even more with its alternate ending and small details through out. I was just wondering what those of you who also bought it think of the alternate end? Don't say what it is in the thread though so we dont ruin the ending of the movie for those people that have yet to see it :p...Oh and if you have not seen it yet i strongly recommend buying it and watching the original film before you watch the special version!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think it's a lot closer to the ending of the book that the movie is based on, which is why I prefer it to the theatrical version.

Also, the alternate ending has been available on the Internet for a while now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I like it better... sorta, it just depends what kind of feel you're going for, the alternate left room open for something like a sequel, it only felt 99% over, while the other one seemed more solid, but in return less deep and compassionate.

And was there any significant differences in the alternate version of the movie? I just skipped to the end O:)

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
nah theres was nothing like completely movie changing in the alternate...Just small details here and there like really short added in scenes.... the kind of things you reallly gotta be watching for to notice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I didn't care for the entire movie. Too much reliance on CG. The city, the animals, cars, zombies. The soundtrack of the engine did not match the driving at all, because the mustang dirving around the city of course was CG as well - very good cg image quality and rendering... but the motion/physics and sounds were off.

I'm curious about the alternate ending though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
I didn't care for the entire movie. Too much reliance on CG. The city, the animals, cars, zombies. The soundtrack of the engine did not match the driving at all, because the mustang dirving around the city of course was CG as well - very good cg image quality and rendering... but the motion/physics and sounds were off.

I'm curious about the alternate ending though.

Wasn't most of the city in CG as well?

I think the alternative ending made more sense than the one shown in theaters. Him dying at the end just left you feeling for more to the story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wasn't most of the city in CG as well?

I think the alternative ending made more sense than the one shown in theaters. Him dying at the end just left you feeling for more to the story.

No and neither was the car actually, I watched the making of the movie and the car was real, a stunt river in a side car was driving, and all of the city you saw was real, they shut down fifth avenue for some of the scenes, only stuff that was CG was the "Dark Seekers", the animals and any special effects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No and neither was the car actually, I watched the making of the movie and the car was real, a stunt river in a side car was driving, and all of the city you saw was real, they shut down fifth avenue for some of the scenes, only stuff that was CG was the "Dark Seekers", the animals and any special effects.

How could there be a stunt driver in a sidecar in the exterior driving action scenes? You know, when the car is zooming around corners, chasing the herd. That could not have been real. That car was taking corners like it was on rails. It looked toy-ish to me. And the motor sounds were off time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxgofbO0NA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good point, all I know if that I watched the making of the movie, and for some of the scenes or at least when they showed Will Smith inside driving the car they had a stunt driver in a side car, and when he wasn't they had a stunt driver in the car. Idk about all of the scenes in that youtube clip, but anything where they show Willy inside the car, the car is actually being driven, and I know a lot of those clips of it going down the street and chasing the deer are all real (I know I sound sorta crazy but in the making of the movie this is what the directors were saying and this is what the stunt driver was saying and this is what the video I was seeing was telling me).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can be totally wrong about it, just going by what I see.
The lion attack scene was certainly CG. So I figured the herd chase scene was as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah the actual deer were CG, but the driving was real, surroundings were added using CG as well after everything was calculated by sensors on the car... they're using some pretty advanced stuff these days!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
Great movie. Unfortunately I went for the T-3 & I Am Legend two pack ($19.99 at Wal-mart). I haven't opened it yet (the same with the last couple of movies i've bought there). If I stopped spending time on the internet, I might watch them.
w_b.gif

Reaction score
Hi,
Iam Legend is nice.
The first and second act were awesome, but the ending screwed up the entire movie. I am looking forward to an alternate ending.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
After witnessing this cinematic massacre of a literary classic... I would bet that Richard Matheson would be rolling over in his grave... and he's not even dead yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well the movie its self was certainly better than Omega Man, that's for ****ed sure..

The alternate ending was daft Hollywood drivel though, and didn't appreciate its tenderness. Oh how I loathe Hollywood endings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The theatrically released ending was daft Hollywood drivel
Fixed that for ya... ;):)

The alternate ending was closer to the actual book's real meaning and intent.
The entire purpose of the title I Am Legend is that in the book, Robert Neville actually is the last man on the planet.
Because of this fact, he has switched places from our reality of what we perceive as legend, to actually being the legend. For example, vampires are "legendary" to us because they're a myth to us.
In the book, Robert Neville is "legendary" because according to the vampires, he is that myth. He is that fabled maniac who goes out day after day hunting and killing them.
With the original theatrical ending, they never come close to conveying that that idea and the title I Am Legend makes no sense... hence, the cue to begin grave rolling for Richard Matheson.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.