Upgrade or No Upgrade: Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
So I have been thinking of upgrading to Leopard. At first I wasn't too impressed, however I now have the need for some windows only software.

I could get Parallels or VM Fusion, but it seems Leopard has boot camp and a ton of other features, and it doesn't hurt to be up to date.

I was mostly worried about it slowing down my macbook (2.0ghz 2gb ram intel core 2 duo) and toast 8 not working with it, although I dont know if there are issues with that.

Basically I was wondering, does anyone have any great praise for leopard, or does anyone wish they never upgraded?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Find Leopard fast, responsive and rock solid, although my advice to anyone needing to use Windows software is set up a cheap PC laptop such as a Dell Latitude Pentium 4 with 2GHz processor. Can get them for about $250.00.

Reaction score
It will depend on your individual circumstances.

I have both but prefer Panther (just), and have reverted to Panther on my internal drive with Leopard on my external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.