Problem with cd/dvd drive

V

viceroy716

Hello,

For some reason, no matter what type of disc I put in my powerbook it pops it back out. A blank cd, a dvd...anything...just goes in for about 10 seconds and then pops back out automatically. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening.

Thank you.
Steve

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Does the CD/DVD drive work with a CD or DVD that has data on it?

What type of CD/DVD drive do you have (is it a reader or a burner)?

What brand of CDs and DVDs are yiou using?

What type of CDs and DVDs are you using (CD-R,....)?

OP
V

viceroy716

I have tried it with dvd's, blank cd's...and even the apple system cd. They all pop back out after about 5 seconds. I called apple care...they had me press apple/shift/p/r while rebooting, and had it chime 4 times. Nothing changed, and now I have to bring it to an apple store :( :( :(

any other suggestions? my friend said that this has become a common problem lately, after updates maybe? I have 10.3.5

thanks,
steve

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If your friend think it may be due to your update install. You can try installing the Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.5. Then run repair permissions before and after the install. In some cases installing the combo updater, installs some missing files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.