• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

NEW iBook OUT TODAY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Just a speed bump in processor.....same memory, hard drives, disk drives, video card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Airport on all of them...

OP
L

Lasha

Aye!! This is great!! Also, I think the iBooks can get 80GB now! I remember the max being 60! Yup! All of the models now have Airport Extreme built in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Yes they can get 80Gb

I want 80gb on mine :(

OP
M

m1k

I'm not that excited... only a small speed bump and built-in wireless, nothing much. But still the best consumer notebook on the planet :)

Go Apple!

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the first Slot Loading iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Gamer said:
No, the first was when the G4 was added to the name

The G4 wasn't just added to the name.. it really was inside! :D

OP
G

Gamer

Avalon said:
The G4 wasn't just added to the name.. it really was inside! :D
Yes, yes i know but the slot loaded cd-drive was added along with the iBooks move to G4

Reaction score
I just realized that the 12" and first 14" were only updated 200MHz from the last. And the other, better 14" was only updated 133MHz. Thats not much of an update is it... I no airport is in it, but u could get that option with the old ones right? Do you think it was to keep people satisfied till future updates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, it was your typical apple speedbump, not much increased, but enough to keep customers satisfied...

I mean, they couldn't do much more could they? Otherwise the speed would be the same as the 12" Powerbook...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.