Safari for Windows, can't play WMP videos.

Reaction score
I'm using Windows Vista and using Safari browser now, i'm already loving Safari, much much faster than IE without a doubt. I only have one problem, but a big one if this can't be solved.

When i go to http://www.gametrailers.com and i click on a video, i DO get to see the ad before the real video plays, but when the real video is about to start i get this error.

2mhwkjr.jpg

Its dutch but it says

Safari can't find the internet plugin, the material i'm trying to watch contains MIME-Type application/x-mplayer2. The plugin is not installed..but you may find it on this page

So when i go over to that link i simply can't find the plugin at all.
This is a page i visit alot so i really want to have the videos working there. I however do not understand how it DOES show the ad (which is also video) before the video of the game starts.

Reaction score
I had the same problem... SOLVED it with a plugin on the following site;

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/plugins.html

You have to install the bottom right one (windows media player plugin).
I have to still do some tests but at least i could watch video`s on gametrailers.com!!!

P.s. Don`t use the other links like Realone or Quicktime; they just redirect you for a full new install of those players.

Best of Luck!

Reaction score
UPDATE! I can play video`s but i seem to get an error message each time
i play a video;

"unauthorized installation copy"....? what ever that means...

BUT after clicking it away like 6 times the video`s ALL still load in Safari in windows (vista) so no big problems...just a little annoying...

Best of Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.