New ibooks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.16 C2D Glossy
Yeah and down here in Australia i think they are $4 cheaper!!
They look **** good, possibly a powerbook update next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
FINALLY Apple have realised that since EVERY laptop on the market comes with wifi as a standard it's a good idea to add it to ibooks as well...sheesh!

Right that's the iBook sorted, I wonder when the powerbook will get a kick in the arse?

Glad to see that my iBook is only slightly outdated... i mean .2 Ghz is not a big deal right?

OP
M

missyvortex

I panicked reading that. My boyfriend just ordered one, shipping tommorrow apparently.

But I just checked and he got email saying his one will be one of the new ones for the new price - even though he ordered the old type two weeks ago!

Quite lucky. And now we understand why the shipping date got moved twice, to tommorrow, as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
I'm gunna buy one I think...

OP
T

tariq

meh, they didnt upgrade the video card so it still won't be able to take advantage of Core Image when Tiger is released.

OP
L

Lasha

Can someone please explain to me what "Core Image" is???

EDIT: Never mind, someone already answered it in another thread. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
I can't believe they're only $1299 Canadian now! They used to be $1499.

OP
T

The mac 13

uncle sam said:
They look **** good, possibly a powerbook update next?

nope, apple said that they wont release any new powerbooks untill nxt year.. i predict that by that time, they will add a g5, and install tiger as its default os.. :mac:

OP
T

The mac 13

missyvortex said:
I panicked reading that. My boyfriend just ordered one, shipping tommorrow apparently.

But I just checked and he got email saying his one will be one of the new ones for the new price - even though he ordered the old type two weeks ago!

Quite lucky. And now we understand why the shipping date got moved twice, to tommorrow, as well.

apple does that alot.. but its a good business step.. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Aptmunich said:
FINALLY Apple have realised that since EVERY laptop on the market comes with wifi as a standard it's a good idea to add it to ibooks as well...sheesh!

Right that's the iBook sorted, I wonder when the powerbook will get a kick in the arse?

Glad to see that my iBook is only slightly outdated... i mean .2 Ghz is not a big deal right?

Hmm, well... if I were you, I WOULD be worried! .2 GHz is exactly an increase of 20% compared to 1GHz...
No, I'm kidding... the entire gain would of course be a lot less than that, so you're definitely not that much outdated with yours. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.