About the included hardware...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hey guys...i was wondering what some of the "other" hardware devices on the macbook pro are...stuff that isn't mentioned in the specs...

mainly what sound card & speakers does it have? (brand/model)

cant seem to find info about this anywhere...:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
if you go to  menu > about this mac and then more info

You will find the sound chipset info there

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i've been there....& this is all i could find under audio

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x106B00A0
Audio ID: 46
Available Devices:
Speaker:
Connection: Internal
Headphone:
Connection: Combo
Microphone:
Connection: Internal
Line In:
S/P-DIF Out:
S/P-DIF In:

not exactly what i'm looking for

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What is it you're looking for? It's integrated into the chipset, not a discrete sound card like a Creative X-Fi. The speakers are likely made by some no-name Chinese conglomerate manufacturer.

Reaction score
Agreed. No laptop manufacturer (including Apple) is going to include something like B&W or Dynaudio speakers, especially given that the acoustics of the computer enclosure are horrible (so you would never hear the benefits of top-grade speakers). If you want hi-end sound quality, you will need to go to external speakers.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha...thats true...i already have jbl speakers...infact the reason i was asking is that they are the best speakers i have heard on any laptop...so if it was made by some no name far eastern manufacturer...its pretty impressive :D as for the sound card...just general curiosity about what it is...mainly because i'm having some sample rate issues from time to time & was wondering if i could get support for it...

(b&w & dynaudio? you went too far man...lmao...i dont think anyone who is into that kind of sound expects it out of a laptop)

anyhow...thanks guys... :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
haha...thats true...i already have jbl speakers...infact the reason i was asking is that they are the best speakers i have heard on any laptop...so if it was made by some no name far eastern manufacturer...its pretty impressive :D as for the sound card...just general curiosity about what it is...mainly because i'm having some sample rate issues from time to time & was wondering if i could get support for it...

(b&w & dynaudio? you went too far man...lmao...i dont think anyone who is into that kind of sound expects it out of a laptop)

anyhow...thanks guys... :)

I'd be willing to bet its a RealTek part. But support comes from Apple, not from RealTek - just because Apple didn't design the audio chip, doesn't mean they don't support it.

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm....maybe i'll check with them then...i really wish they had email support...im not in the usa & itll be an international call for me...

btw...just as a sde query...what is the key combo to achieve this " "

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.