Mp3 to CD Audio format - How?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I'm still quite new to the world of macs but not nearly so new as I am to creating Audio Cds - like half an hour.

I've searched here, on google and ask.com, and opened Garageband for the first time ever but I cannot work out how to copy a mp3 file of my sons band to a CD such that it will play in my cars CD player. What format should I be trying to convert to and have I got the software on my newish iMac? If not, is there some, preferably free, software I need to download?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Create a playlist in iTunes and you can burn an audio CD from there, make sure you set Audio CD and not MP3 CD in the itunes burning preferences

Or Try the open source Burn

burn-osx.sourceforge.net

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i hadn't heard of that open source software. i'll have to check it out.

thx for the heads up on that louishen :D

(virtual rep to you - got to spread it around ;))

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Create a playlist in iTunes and you can burn an audio CD from there, make sure you set Audio CD and not MP3 CD in the itunes burning preferences

Many thanks louishen. I've never used a playlist before so I've learnt a bit about those as well. Aren't things easy when you know how!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.