format HD and reinstall OSX???

Reaction score
hi

at the moment i cant get into mac osx. when i start my macbook i only get to the light-grey background with the the dark-gray apple logo.

the things is that i have a backup. so i dont need to save data anymore.

now i would like to install the os again. but when i put in my osx cd, the installer programm doesnt start. installed in leopard, but i only got install CDs for tiger.

is there a manuel was to format the HD and reinstall osx?

greetings

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
restart with the cd/dvd inside the slot and hold down the c button and it will start off the CD.

Then double click on install and do an erase and install and you are good to go. You may wish to do a disk verification prior to the install and certainly a permissions repair after the install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You need to shut the mac down with the install CD in (you may have to disconnect the power supply and remove the battery if it will not shut down

Connect everything up and restart with the dvd in and keep the C key pressed until the installer starts.

FRom there you can access disk utility from the menu and do a clean format

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.