Potential issues with Airport since last update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Has anyone noticed issues logging on to Airport since the last update. Since this last update that was pushed a week or two ago, I have been having issues logging back to the net wirelessly when my computer shuts down and restarts or when it wakes up from sleep. Additionally, even though I have told the system to remember the network, password, etc, that I want to connect to wirelessly, the system doesn't save the network name and password. This is a huge nuisance when you set your wireless network to not broadcast it's name in the open for security reasons. Another nuisance is that when I'm forced to enter a network manually, I have to repeatedly try to connect because the system keeps timing out.

I tried to go to Apple's support site and report these issues, but man!!!!... they make it EXTREMELY difficult for a user to contact them online unless you have an .MAC account on that site. The information is great, but trying to contact them directly online is like pulling teeth!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15", 2Gigs RAM, Leopard - 10.5.6, purchased Dec 10, 2007
I have had connectivity issues too - but I thought it had more to do with my new time capsule. Every time I finally get it to work it stops working when I shut down the computer and I have to find a way to get it going again when I start up again. Right now the light glows green but nothing is happening. I have rebooted and rebooted and no change.

However, I have been able to connect to a neighbor's wireless network - so I am assuming it isn't airport.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.